FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UuA on AA, flight now missing from AA's PNR
Old Jun 5, 2022, 4:20 am
Globaliser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by erifax
The result is a bit mysterious. The flight was swapped on MMB with the AA-prime number (AA137) in the correct class. However, on AA: the flight is just gone. AA only sees the "return" portion of the original itinerary (LAX-LHR-DUB).

I have a few guesses here, e.g; AA is still processing the upgrade, there is a new hidden AA PNR with the First-class booking.
Personally, I'd put a little bit of money on the last of these. As the BA PNR is the prime booking record, what you could see on AA was only a mirror with the bits that AA needed to know. I suspect that what happened was that when you cancelled your booking for BA1609 in the prime record, it was also cancelled out of the AA mirror; and when you were rebooked on to AA137, a new mirror record was created in the AA system. The fact that the two flight numbers happen to be operated by the same aircraft doesn't change the fact that they're two different flights for many purposes.