FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread
Old Jun 4, 2022, 6:45 pm
hugolover
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Globaliser
This is not true. If you book an I class fare for (eg) AMS-LHR-JNB-LHR-AMS, the AMS-LHR and LHR-AMS flights will book in to J and the trip will price and be bookable even if I is closed on those flights.
2. This is not universally true, either. There are times when (say) D may have zero inventory but R will have some. It's rare, but it can happen.
1) Yes, I'm aware . Works that way on many carriers including LH Group, A segments and J feeder, Y feeder for F on LO, but in my case it's not relevant which is why I wrote that I dismissed it because the fare first letter matched the RBD.
2) Again, possible and I was just giving an example of how inventory tends to be sold, I wasn't interested in anything below J or C actually.

From other replies it seems it's not possible, which is fair enough, probably no one would want it so far.

I'll just stick to the old fashioned and time consuming way of checking each flight. Never mind, thanks for all the replies.