FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IROPS "IRROPS" - OSO, Weather, etc. Affecting AA Flyers (master thread)
Old Jun 3, 2022, 8:17 pm
merlin90

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by merlin90
My wife and I were due to be on LAX-YVR AA1719 this morning but, after initially being delayed for two hours, it was canceled. The lady in the AC was very helpful and able to rebook us on AC555 a little later in the day. I have a couple of questions:

1. Will I still earn LPs for this flight?
2. She mentioned that I could claim for a refund for any element of my original ticket that wasn't replicated by AC. My AC ticket did not include lounge access (which I had on AA because of my Platinum status) and I ended up with a seat in row 35, not an MCE equivalent. Any idea what kind of refund/compensation I'm likely to be able to get?
So AA told me when they rebooked me on AC that my bag would be moved over to AC. Turns out that never happened, and over 24 hours after landing my bag is still at LAX and hasn't been passed over to AC. No one I've spoken to has been able to do anything except send a message to LAX and ask them to call me once it's been located, but that hasn't happened. The way this is going, I half expect it to end up on a plane to YVR on Sunday as I'm flying back to LAX. Is there anyone else I can talk to here who can actually sort this out and definitively either put the bag on a plane or ensure it'll still be at LAX on Sunday when I return?