FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Making the most of CE/lounges
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2022, 10:12 am
scottishpoet

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by flight125
Hi all,

I'm flying CE for the first time in years and also for the first time with my better half. We're doing EDI-LHR-DBV and the same on the return.

Neither of us have status and we're looking to get the most out of the experience. Can anyone recommend tips/tricks/useful info for us?

If it helps, we've got an early flight out of Edinburgh and around 3hrs in LHR to connect in each direction. Returning from Dubrovnik around 1140 IIRC.
It depends what you are looking for

For some people "making the most of the lounge" is necking as much champers as possible.For me thats just a way of risking a denied boarding.

For me its finding somewhere away from the throng of the airport where I can sit and chill in relative comfort for 45 minutes before my flight

I'd suggest getting to EDI about 90 minutes to 2 hours before the flight, then you can make your way through check in and security without any stress as you have enough time should tehre be any queues

In the lounge, a snac and something to drink. If EDI is like Glasow there is self service alcohol but if you want a champagne you need to ask someone.

At LHR after the EDI flight its an easy transit, no security, just go up the domestic transit stairs. You come out in departures more or less under the North lounge. With 3 hours personally I would go to the lounge in B knowing that I have plenty of time to walk back to A if thats where my flight end up leaving from, and I am comfortable with the way back (do not use the transit train to get back, tahtw oudl introduce a world of issues).

Otherwise pick the north or south lounge, chill, nibble, have a drink, but leave enough room for the dining you will get on yoyr CE flight. as a band 4 I tend to find the catering on board in CE good.

Last edited by scottishpoet; Jun 3, 2022 at 10:18 am