FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR SIN Lounge
Thread: QR SIN Lounge
View Single Post
Old Jun 2, 2022, 8:39 am
rberk

Originally Posted by Globalist
we were there April 29/30 and it was really bad. We did ask about the food on the menu but were clearly told they did not have anything else besides the curry slob. A new back would come at midnight and that was gone in minutes.
OK, I did a bit better than that in April.

I had a similar experience in March, but I didn't realise there were menus accessible through the QR code, so I didn't know to ask. Maybe I could have gotten something.

Yes, there was staff cleaning but it was more like collecting empty glasses from unoccupied seats. Used tissues water stains and scattered peanuts were not wiped off. Empty glass at my seat was not even looked at.
Quite similar experience the two days I was there this year.

There is no QR flight bookable on the website and the 9pm flight only returns October 30.
I see at the website that some days of the week, there is a flight leaving SIN around 10:30, and other days of the week, at 20:55. The particular days of the week seem to vary from week to week, and the 20:55 flight seems to disappear entirely around July. I was not able to book the 20:55 flight on any of the days in June when I saw it in the schedule. (Fully booked already? On many days, the 2:40 flight was also not offered.) I tried the 10:30 flight (I think it might actually have been 10:25) on July 19, and it was offered to me as a choice.

I saw "Qatar" very clearly, I don't think there was any mistake. But I also remember clearly that it was afternoon. So maybe the most likely possibilities were (a) the 10:30 flight was operating that day, but severely delayed, (b) a flight from somewhere else had some sort of problem and made an unscheduled stop in Singapore, (c) there was an aircraft stored in Singapore, which is not a good place to store them due to the humidity, or (d) they had an aeroplane here for some sort of maintenance (but then why not DOH?). Perhaps there are other possibilities.