FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Credits CAN be extended for 6 months if requested 6/1/22 to 12/31/22
Old Jun 2, 2022, 12:03 am
jphripjah

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by nsx

To save Southwest some work, I will combine the funds into one large fund before I make the request.
I was going to do this, but my funds all have different expiration dates, ranging from early September to early April. If I combine them all into one fund, then they would all take the earliest expiration date (early September). And then if I decided in late September that I wanted to book a flight in I'd have to call in, extend the single fund to late March, and use some of it for the flight I want to book. And the rest of it would expire in late March.

So instead I consolidated them all into two separate funds, one fund expiring in September and one in March. This will give me some flexibility to extend the September funds when needed and then call in at the end of December and extend any March-expiring credit to late May.