FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I’m the guy with no status who was first on the upgrade list
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:57 pm
zrs70
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I’m the guy with no status who was first on the upgrade list

Dear all,

So I was on a paid business class ticket Stl-dfw-lax today. I have no AA status. Dfw weather went down, and our Stl-dfw flight was cancelled.

the Stl team rebooked me via Phoenix all that was available was Y, but they coded it so I was top priority if F opened.

I remained at the top for both flights, and in both cases was the only one who cleared at the gate.

Without context, others might peek at my boarding pass and wonder how I skipped the queue. I was grateful to AA.

A couple of additional random thoughts:

1. I hadn’t been through STL since 1996. The airport is truly a shadow of the TWA days. The main lobby is architecturally so interesting. But the rest of the airport truly needs updating. I had a nostalgic lump in my soul as I ascended the steps to the Ambassadors (I mean Admirals) Club.

2. I really liked the service from STL-PHX. The pretzel croissant with cheese and tomato was perfect for this vegetarian! and the cookie/brownie was yummy. I didn’t expect a full dinner on the flight.

3. The AA app works well. Still not on par with DL or UA, but better than it used to be.