FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ✨ Polaris (& PP) Retrofits: Schedule, ....
Old Jun 1, 2022, 4:02 pm
N104UA

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by DELee
Probably. Talk to Scott - especially if other airlines start counterprogramming A/C with more comfortable seats and siphons off folks willing to spendy to HI.

David
EWR764 mentioned a few months ago that UA is looking at doing something with the 8 across birds as they have been getting high survey scores on the Polaris planes going to Hawaii. My guess is that it will be 28-32 Polaris type seats between doors 1 and 2

Originally Posted by Seph87
Just want to make sure I am understanding you correctly here. My flight from EWR-LAX was originally booked as a 787-10, but is now showing up as a domestic 772 (with only four rows of J seats and no PP).

Are you saying that UA is only displaying the domestic 772 as a default, but I could potentially get other 772 configurations at T-2 days? Or does the fact that it's showing up as a domestic 772 guarantee I will have non-polaris seats, assuming no further equipment changes?
So at T-2 UA has assigned an aircraft to your flight. If everything goes according to UAs plan that plane and seat map will stick, there is always a chance that something happens and they do a plane swap but I would put my money on the domestic 777 being the plane you fly on.