FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Q Suite Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Jun 1, 2022, 1:42 am
MysticZanthia

Got the dreaded email for a second time today, for the only remaining leg with QSuite, after QR already changed my entire itinerary by a day. Flying NRT-DOH-AGP, all with QR and booked it specifically for QSuite.

First time flying Business Class but I decided to cough up the cash for it as I'll be going to Spain for surgery, and I wanted to have as much privacy and comfort as possible, especially on the return flight. At the time I didn't realize equipment changes were a thing and, based on how QSuite is promoted almost exclusively on QR's website, I naively thought it was available on all longhaul flights. In any case, both NRT-DOH and DOH-NRT were QSuite when I booked them.

A little under two months ago I got an email that my itinerary was changed to a day later both ways, and my choice was to accept or cancel and wait who knows how long for a refund. I chose to accept after a lot of back and forth with the hospital until they were finally able to reschedule my pre-op exams to accommodate the new itinerary. Then one month ago or so I got the first email about an equipment change on NRT-DOH. I wasn't thrilled, but after trying and failing to change to an earlier date (which would have been better for me anyway) I kept it as is. Then today I got the email notifying me that the DOH-NRT flight has also had an equipment change, and this one I'm honestly quite angry about because that's when I'll need it the most and the whole reason I booked this expensive ticket in the first place. I once again tried to get it changed but there were no available QSuite flights within a 10-day period!

At this point, it feels like deceptive marketing. I understand that planes get switched for unavoidable reasons, but for them to change it this far in advance makes it harder to believe that it's unavoidable. I'm hoping they change back but not very optimistic. Right now all I want is to at least have an empty seat next to mine so I can have some illusion of privacy still.