FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stuck in LIH (Covid+)
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2022, 4:38 pm
petvan

Programs: Aeroplan
Stuck in LIH (Covid+)

Wondering if anyone has any guidance here - lots of interesting information online and can't make all the stories line up ;-)

Flew AC from YYZ to LIH (Kauai) about 10 days ago (AC to LAX, UA to LIH) and my wife tested + for covid last Saturday (mild symptoms a couple days prior).

She is has been fever free and really only a mild cough now - we've been quarantined in the hotel for 5+ days.

At this point, we are trying to figure out when we can return. UA/CDC suggest 10 days from symptom onset. I called AC 75K line and they said 10 days from symptom onset, BUT that ArriveCAN will need proof of the onset - ie, I need to get a doctors note somehow to say she had symptoms a week ago? They referred me to travel.gc.ca where I can see the 10 days post symptoms, but nothing about how you prove that? I can't see the arriveCAN screening questions without an itinerary. Don't want to arrive and only have my word as to when symptoms were onset but at the same time, not sure exactly what I need to verify this.

We're trying to do the right thing of course, but would like to leave as soon as it's ok. Anyone have any recent experience?

Thanks!

P

Called the government to ask about the below on their website - they suggested I need to go get a test and can travel 10 days after that. This makes no sense. We isolated for 5 days and didn't leave the hotel, especially to get a formal test. Had no idea one would be required. Another 10 days will cost me more than the fine
-)

travel.gc.ca:
If you have COVID-19, you must isolate yourself for 10 days upon arrival to Canada. You won't be allowed to board a flight to Canada if you:

Last edited by Adam Smith; May 31, 2022 at 5:53 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user