FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Loyalty Points discussion/questions - From 2022 now used for determining elite status
Old May 31, 2022, 4:09 pm
JMN57

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by DreAAmliner
My I ask what has been troubling you the most?

For me, at first, it was discerning the difference between RDMs that were "Bonus" (not LPs). These threads have given me a lot of confidence in understanding that now.

Otherwise, as i see it, If you get an RDM, it is likely an LP.
With the biggest caveats being:
-credit card welcome bonus
-credit card category multiplier
-anything that specifically says "Bonus" on AA Eshopping
I'll chime in on this. Partner airlines and mixed tickets for example. My specific one is in June, I fly JFK-LHR-NCE on 001 ticket stock. It's the back end of a RT I had to change in March (MXP-JFK was the start) as I got food poisoning. That change changed the fare a LOT and in typical AA fashion, how it splits across segments is muddy as hell.

But even putting those issues aside. My upcoming flights are 1) JFK-LHR 001 ticket stock/ AA flight # / BA metal and 2) LHR-NCE 001 ticket stock / BA flight # / BA flight. What LPs should I expect? My guess:

1) JFK-LHR will be based on ticket value and as PPRO I will get 9x that value. While it is a PE ticket in W class I don't believe cabin bonuses exist for LPs that are calc'd from ticket price (I guess they figure what you paid is the "bonus").
2) LHR-NCE will be based on miles and for that I get Miles (~647 base) and an 80% status bonus so appx. 1,164 miles--> LPs. (ticket is B as there is no PE cabin).

Alternatively, as it's all on AA ticket stock, I guess they could do both 1 & 2 on spend.

Just not very clear to me. Of course, I haven't been flying a ton so all this is relatively new. Just a pain to figure out.