FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DIY Aqaba and Petra from Israel
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2022, 1:29 pm
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coolbeans202
We did exactly this back in May 2019. Flew into TLV, rented a car, drove to Jerusalem, then Eilat. Parked the car at the border, walked across into Aqaba and the Avis guy met us on the other side and drove us back to the office to complete the paperwork for the rental. Drove to Petra, then stopped at Wadi Rum on the way back and reversed the process. Walked back across the border and got back in the Israeli rental and made our way back to Tel Aviv (via the dead sea). I think you can get Jordanian visas at the border, but we ended up getting them from the Jordanian Embassy in DC ahead of time. We weren't in Jordan very long (3-4 days) so we just kept the Israeli rental while we were in Jordan.
Interesting, especially the part about having the Jordanian Avis guy meet you at the border crossing with the car. That would add a day to my rental (I was planning on hanging out at the Hyatt for a day), but I wonder if I could get the Avis guy to drive us back to the border after we return the car.