FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA PHL-ABE/ACY (and others) bus services
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2022, 5:55 am
sushanna1

Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
Amtrak had a this with UA until last year. I know you could take Amtrak from PHL 30th Street Station to the EWR station. Not sure why it ended but sure do wish it would return.

Back to AA, Amtrak just built a new station in Middletown, PA (same town where MDT is located. The original master plan for the new MDT terminal that opened in 2004 (and still quite good) was to move the Middletown Amtrak station to the edge of the MDT property and connect the rail station with the terminal via a covered elevated walk. Not sure why, but when the station was rebuilt and opened earlier this year close to MDT but not close enough to be reasonably walkable, and certain not covered.
I also thought that the new Amtrak Middletown station was going to connect directly to the airport. Would love to know why this didn't happen. I don't understand why (in these days of Climate Change concerns), AA does not reach out to Amtrak and/or the regional rail-based transportation services or vice versa. Why would anyone want to ride a bus if they could ride a train?