FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dual citizenship. Boarding a plane to Canada without revealing canadian citizenship.
Old May 30, 2022, 11:05 pm
Covidian98

Originally Posted by guest666
That's what I have been doing since eTA came into existence. It is a huge hassle. I understand I can't complain given the circumstance, but the flights through Turkey/ Egypt/Mexico end up being 20-hour nightmares that take another 2 days to recover. Flights through the US are a bit easier, but they are stressful in their own way because I have to get ESTA etc. Most of these are expensive two-stop flights, too. If there was some sort of closure in this question at least it would be easier to know that there's no other option and this isn't all my paranoia.
As an alernative, you could fly to the USA with your european passport, and then cross the land border into Canada ? This could be preferable, especially if your destination in Canada is near the US border, right ? For example, instead of flying from Europe to Vancouver, you can fly to Seattle (with euro passprt), and then drive or take the train to Vancouver, crossing the land border (with your Canadian passport).