FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Polaris 1x2x1 w/Children
View Single Post
Old May 30, 2022, 1:02 pm
tubulus

I am trying to figure out the same thing, flying on the 777ER which has the same configuration. My kids like to play Switch watch tv etc together so we put them in the middle (I think row 17) in one of the seats where the inner seats are close together. Normally we'd sit behind them when we go domestic 1st and they can look through the seats if they need us, but I don't think that's a great option in Polaris since the suite is much more enclosed. So we took the seats on the same row windows. However the only issue I see is that in the row with close-together middle seats the aisle seats are also set back from the aisle so I'm not sure our problem is solved at all. Maybe it would be better for us to be on the aisles the row ahead of them? Really not sure. I sort of wonder if the best option is just sit behind them anyway and be sure they have a magazine or something they can use to get our attention. Luckily they are good travelers so I'm not too worried either way..... Anyway that was my thought process. Mine are 5/8 so the younger one needs the older one to help with things so the triple window idea won't quite work. If anyone else has any ideas....
Ironically I'd be just as happy in premium economy on the non-overnight flight but they don't have that CDG-EWR and the Polaris seats at 65k/pp are a great deal.