FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Meals on Westjet flights in J, W, and Y cabins
Old May 30, 2022, 10:49 am
magsmeplease

Originally Posted by Jagboi
I recently flew YYC-LHR on the 787 in business class. The menu is posted below. Prior to boarding we had visited the new lounge and I had the Atlantic Perch with potatoes and mushrooms in a cream sauce. The food in the lounge was delicious, and I liked the small portions, so I could try more than one thing.

The menus were distributed once I was seated after boarding along with a pre-departure beverage, and then the orders were taken prior to pushback. The orders seemed to be taken in seat order, with 4D being the last, so avoid the rear centre seats if you want to be assured of your first choice. I was in 4A and received my first choice

I had the cold chicken starter and the beef short rib for the main. It was really more like small pieces of boneless prime rib, very tasty and tender. I decided to skip dessert and went to sleep, so I don't know what they were like, as I didn't see any. My partner though it odd that there were not any BC wines on the menu. I can see them wanting to feature Canadian wine, but there are plenty of good BC wines to choose from. Given WS is a Calgary based company, choosing Ontario and Oregon wines seemed odd. WS is trying really had to make their international J a excellent product, so I was a bit surprised that there wasn't a true champagne on offer. I could see the Canadian sparkler as the PDB on the ground, but real champagne in the air.

About 90 min before landing a breakfast was served, consisting of a croissant, fruit cup, youghurt and granola and a bowl with veggies, cheese and a slice of hardboiled egg. Sorry, I had eaten the fruit before I thought to take a photo.
What time did you depart from YYC? Has the lounge extended it's operating hours? We have an upcoming flight departing at 20:55, but from what I've seen the lounge closes at 19:00.