FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR
View Single Post
Old May 30, 2022, 7:47 am
Penguinmoon

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rberk
It seems they have moved me over to an American Airlines flight five minutes earlier.

Yes. Call. I had a similar issue. CGK-DOH-JFK. Automatically rebooked to AA when QR gave the 1:00 am departure to AA. I knew I didn't wan't AA, but also knew I wanted to keep a 1:00 am ish departure to anywhere in N America (ORD/DFW). I did a bit of research knew the QR DOH-DFW flight in Q suite had seats left, and they moved me to that flight. I think they are open to putting you on any flight within the same country on QR metal.

I'm trying to decide whether I should just accept this, or try to get something else.

But when I log into the website, the two choices are "Request Refund" and "Acknowledge Changes". "Look for another flight" is not on offer, at least not on the initial screen.

ETA - and the American Airlines flight comes with a substantially reduced number of Q-Points, relative to the QR flight. I don't know whether I can argue for the extra Q-Points.

ETA even more - OK, they have moved me to 29 JUN 0:55 JFK -> DOH 29 JUN 21:00 and 30 JUN 2:35 DOH -> SIN 30 JUN 15:45, with the first flight being AA and the second being QR. I would prefer 29 JUN 10:35 JFK -> DOH 30 JUN 6:10 and 1 JUL 2:35 DOH -> SIN 1 JUL 15:45, with both flights being QR. But this is not offered at the website, the only choices are refund or accept the AA flight. If I call them on the telephone, will they be more flexible?