FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2022]
Old May 27, 2022, 11:48 am
bmwe92fan

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by Gate45
A new one, at least to me: 4 seats open in J within 72 hours of departure, I’m number one on the upgrade list so I call to get cleared (waitlisted from W with +P).
The agent gets it done but makes a point of checking my outbound which I had flown in paid J. And goes on to say that the only reason she can force clear the return is because I did not get upgraded on the outbound already. I did not challenge it because I was getting what I wanted anyway, and because I wasn’t sure if this is a known thing that I just had somehow missed, but if not and if the agent was correct, that would be another unfortunate extension of the “Special GS benefit on one segment only” rule.
I just upgraded my wife returning with me from Japan in July -- the agent made it a point to go and look how my wife got to Japan because if I had forced an upgrade to Japan she would not be allowed to open up space on the return -- fortunately she flew NH so she cheerfully forced open J space for me....