FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)
Old May 26, 2022, 1:57 pm
VegasGambler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 355F1
It shows under Recent Store Visits but no transaction.

The entry in recent store visits happens at click-through time, completely on the portal's end. It doesn't imply any successful communication between the portal and the merchant.

The tracking cookies are necessary in order to communicate your information from the portal to the merchant (for the ones that do it that way; there are other ways to implement it which is why you might see things working for some merchants but not for others). So if you see something in recent store visits with no dollar amount on the right side, it's entirely possible that your browser is preventing that communication between the portal and certain merchants.

There are other things that could be broken that have nothing to do with your setup, but I would expect to see that one time in 50 or 100 (or more likely even less frequently), not 4 times in 8. Of course anything is possible, but it seems most likely that the issue is on your end.

I would recommend using a dedicated browser (not safari) with no plugins and all tracking protections turned off, used just for portal shopping and nothing else. Since I started doing that (years ago) I've never had a single purchase fail to track. I find that Chrome's default settings work well, both on desktop and mobile.