FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta "nonrefundable" tickets - really nonrefundable (no credit?)
Old May 25, 2022, 8:59 am
hurnik

Originally Posted by ijgordon
What is this mandatory quarantine? Many countries don't require pre-entry testing and it's certainly not required for domestic travel. No test, no positive, no quarantine. If you're actually worried about illness, just isolate ahead of your trip as much as possible.

Hmm, wouldn't you just re-schedule the trip for sometime in the next year?
If flying internationally, you need a negative COVID test to return via air to the US (at least AFAIK, the rule is still in effect). So I book my timeshare for Mexico, get COVID and now I have to quarantine in my hotel room for 5 days.

Nor would I travel with COVID (at least knowingly). Let's say I want to use my BOGO for October in FL at my timeshare and Disney. Get the sniffles shortly before, and want to make sure, get tested and have a positive test. Surely one would not want to get on the plane and possibly infect others, let alone go out and about (even at Disney). Thus, tickets would have to be cancelled.

As for rebooking, that's not always an option. The ecredit has to be used in the person's name (whose originally traveling, regardless of who paid for it, so I can't like book a ticket for a relative and use my eCredit). I've already lost $250 in AA vouchers because I've rebooked 3 times (had to cancel each time), so it's not always an option. Now, if I could at least rebook for someone else, then possibly.

Changeable, I don't really care about, insurance would cover change fees in most cases (although fare difference, not necessarily). Oh, need to change to next week on 1 day notice, sure, it'll cost 3x more for the ticket now.

Anyway, looks like award miles or fully refundable fares are the only way to travel (IMO) now without dumping money down the drain. (already lost close to $10,000 on a trip to the Maldives, rescheduled twice over the last 2 years).