FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New EWR C123 UC has opened - 19 May 2022
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2022, 11:05 am
RobOnLI
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Clemson
My thoughts:The new automated entry system's alarm constantly goes off, so sitting in the back is better so you don't constantly hear it. People were struggling with the system so they had to have a person full-time at the automated entry system anyways.
I entered the club through the automated gates. I had no problem scanning my BP. Thankfully I saw TPG's (or someone else's post about the club last week to know what I was getting into). I think the confusing thing with the system is the need to tell it how many guests are you with you. The way the "0" and "1" are put on the screen with no instructions makes me think the system sees me as having "01" guests with me. I think a simple change to the interface would go a long way to clear up confusion. Otherwise, after hitting "0" it let me right in.

The other thing I noticed was the customer service desk had one agent working (and a line) but I didn't notice any sign saying what that service station was for. I guess it's assumed? I may have also missed it because I only glanced as I walked by 3x.

-RM