FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shocking Anti Semitic incident
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2022, 4:53 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by weero
Yes, there technically wrong but not from the data known at the moment.

One cannot stress enough what FlyingLawyer has offered here. Calling a German officer of the law a "Nazi" isn't just bad taste, it is a criminal offense. Those who vulgarly and loudly protested at the gate - even if they did not cause trouble on the flight - were absolutely rightfully barred for a "calm down" period. I can't wrong the ground staff and law enforcement for this.

Those who did not ruin the flight and scream "antisemitism" at the gate were wronged. I don't think anyone here does dispute this.

But they were not "punished", it was a safety measure.
You cannot gamble that a "team" that has just misbehaved on the 788 and then will make for 80% of the 320's cabin will not pose a major risk. Especially not after how the same team again behaved at the gate.

I do not think that the ground crew and the BUD pilot did know the culprits in real time.
The longhaul crew should have made detailed records and recordings on the flight but I doubt that they were fully aware what would unfold on the ground.

I agree, it is very unpleasant.
But we all "get punished" by those who misbehave. I missed connections and also had a flight turned around because of drunks. C'est la vie. At least those wronged here have some hope for restitution.

You push the envelope of "mainline" - FT is ripe with stories of passengers being bumped for weight balance reasons.

And not just on tiny commuter planes.

1- the data known and is fact is little to none in regards to the # of culprits on board the flight

2- from the video it appears theres 1 IDIOT who yelled Nazi, so therefore punish everyone who is at the gate cause you dont know who it was???

3- as for the calm down period, they acted at the gate ONLY due to being told NO FLIGHT FOR YOU, so they were banned way way before getting to the gate, the police were there before they would have boarded.

4- no way was it a safety measure it was Punishment plain and simple , since the crew didnt ID the culprits they were all made out to be the culprits, nice try And theres a pilot who posted thusly up thread.

5- was the punishment dolled out due to anti-semitism, I dont believe so , but maybe, but no one has shown me any proof that was the reason

It seems the known facts arent important to you, why I dont know.. Your example with the drunks is just so far far off. Had the Capt diverted to off load the known culprits and everyone missed the BUD connection or didnt end up making it on time to their destination it would be understandable. Since every passenger no matter who would have been effective, here its only the religious Jews that were affected. Also why didnt the JFK Capt divert? maybe he felt there was no safety issue , Im sure if he felt there was a safety issue he would have landed at the closest open airport.Nor does it seem that that Capt even said so in their warning announcement. I therefore assume that safety wasnt the issue at hand but punishment was