FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2022, 4:09 am
johan rebel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Miscellaneous Privium observations

- Privium Express Lounge was supposed to be open until 9 p.m., but will close at 1 p.m. due to staff shortages. They have nobody to replace the lounge agent whose shift ends at 1.30 p.m.

- lounge not very busy, never over a dozen patrons. Breakfast catering very meager by Privium standards.

- agent assured me that on days like yesterday Privium members can bypass all lines outside and go through the nearest entrance door simply by showing their card. I hope I never have to try.

- somebody tried to get into the lounge with an expired card. He had let his membership lapse in 2020 (wonder why?), and not paid up, despite four reminders. He was told he could renew his membership on the spot if he paid his dues for 2020, 2021 & 2022. He declined. The agent also said that he could have asked to have his membership paused, in which case he would not have been charged for the pandemic years.

- agent confirmed that Privium has received a tsunami of new applications in the past few months. I hope they all go for the basic membership, to avoid lounge overcrowding.

Johan