FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Splits Ops at LHR / London Heathrow T3 and T5; ending 12 Jul 2022 (confirmed)
Old May 23, 2022, 11:45 am
The _Banking_Scot
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by jef787
The T5->T5 connection for AA flights becomes a nightmare quickly (most recently, midday yesterday).

There are no kiosks for boarding passes and there are typically 2 agents available who quickly get swamped whenever inbounds have missed connections.
Twice I haven't been able to get my AA boarding pass at my point of departure and both times has resulted in a very long wait in the T5 transit area.
Combined with the usual unavailability of the Fast Track security lanes and its easily a multi-hour labor to get connected.

Maybe its more reliable to just clear immigration and then go to T5 departures now that covid entry requirements are relaxed?
Hi,

That might be a good idea depending on queues. If you can use the e-gates ( ie US or UK passport among others) then walk past customs and take the lift to departures.
As an AA Exp you can use the First wing (separate AA desks there) then use First Wing security

Regards

TBS