FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting first class rewards flights (I'm failing)
Old May 23, 2022, 10:22 am
IntrepidAfrican2

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by JulianFP
Thanks so much. I think you could be right. Funnily enough I was looking at the Emirates site last night and got to a page about its partnership with SAA where it said 3 flights daily between Cape Town and Dubai. That's obviously a page they forgot to update and presumably gives an idea of what capacity was in the good old days. I'm not sure if pre-pandemic any of those 3 flights were operated by SAA directly, I suspect not or if yes then surely only 1 of the 3, so that puts Emirates at at least one-half if not one-third of its pre-pandemic capacity to CPT. Ouch!

That would also explain the crazy-high prices for paid tickets I suspect. For many months now I have been seeing prices between 50% and 80% higher than what I was paying pre-pandemic.
None of the three daily to CPT (or four daily to JNB, or daily to DUR) were operated by SA. It was a codeshare.

Yes, capacity is constrained. A combination of constrained ops at DXB due to runway maintenance, and, I’m told, insufficient crew to operate the entire fleet.