FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CNN, ABC others have stories about intrusive pat-downs...
Old Nov 24, 2004, 1:53 pm
bdschobel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by myrgirl
...We just want to get people screened and on their way. Anyone who thinks screeners have time in a busy checkpoint for childish games like this needs a reality check. I'm not saying a lady won't get accidentally touched now and again but to think that screeners get their jollies out of this offends me.
You can speak only for yourself, not for your 45,000 fellow screeners. In a barrel that large, you can be sure to find some bad apples. You know that as well as I do. Maybe they'll be weeded out eventually, but in the meantime, our own government ("...of the people, by the people, for the people") is forcing us -- women, especially -- to endure potential abuse and, even under the best of circumstances, humiliation. A government that is responsive to its citizens will put an end to this sort of thing. Then we'll both be happy.

Bruce