FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shocking Anti Semitic incident
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2022, 9:45 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer

what stroke me was weero’s argument. 125 travellers with a bunch of troublemaker amongst them on an A319. The approach of SOME of these guys was certainly aggressive in Frankfurt. It was reportedly aggressiv on the plane and reading the posts on your very own blog quite a few people did not find this surprising but understood this as common behaviour of members of this group. As said earlier: as a FC I would probably not have taken the risk of taking the bunch of travellers in black to Budapest provided with such information. Reading your blog and about aggressive members of this group I would have thought about this more than twice. The US banned entire countries just because of unproven assumptions that citizens of such countries were involved in terrorism. Better careful than sorry, was Thomas Weimann clear concept. Here we had indications that trouble should be ahead and these indications were confirmed by the behaviour of certain individuals. Had members of this religious believe - or even a Rabbi with authority - stood up on that flight and told the people to behave, quite a bit could have been avoided. Given that no reaction whatsoever was reported, it can only be assumed that everybody was in agreement. It protesting, not standing up against aggression and wrong behaviour is silent conformation (does this argument sound familiar to you?)
1- I dont have a Blog nor own any website

2- Rabbi with authority what the heck are you drinking or smoking today?? AFAIK there wasnt any pulpit Rabbi or leader as a passenger, seems you are making the exact same mistake that the crew did, assuming many a thing that simply isnt true. Personally I a religious jew what ever that may be but Im not a Rabbi and never studied to be and not ordained as one and w/o knowing who exactly was on that flight Id say the vast vast majority of the religious Jewish passengers are no different then me and also arent ordained Rabbis. Sort of if Im a baptist why would I care what the Pope says heck and arent there 2 Popes the one in Rome and the Eastern Orthrodox one and they dont recognize each other , theres even 2 New Years and Easters and Xmas due to each having their own calendar they follow.

I think there are 4 different sects that claim the church of the Holy Sepulchre and in order to stop the fighting they gave the keys to a Muslim to control. I can go on and on and on, my point is I dont know of a single religion that has 1 leader that all the followers of that religion would listen to, why do you expect it to be different for Judaism?

for the 100th time I too wouldnt have allowed them on the BUD flight if they each werent Warned, but since it wasnt known who were the culprits I in the end would have let them all on Warning them what will happen should anyone not listen to my crew and I would divert to the nearest airport and the expense will be charged to them. Id have them arrested and not released until the expense of the diversion was paid.

So if in fact under German law they cant use ties, then positive ID should have been made not hard at all, just keep your mouth shut and watch where they sit and get their name/s. Then if I was LH Id push as hard as possible to get The German law changed to allow them to tie up those that need to be. I cant believe that if there are 1 or more passengers that try to hijack the plane that the crews hands are tied and cant do anything but ask if they want something to eat or drink.

I can tell you this if I was a passenger I wouldnt have been a happy camper @ FRA either especially if like my upcoming LX flight Im not flying with anyone but myself. I wouldnt have taken it out on the police but I understand why they did I dont understand why an IDIOT called them Nazi's or other negative comments were made.But realize you just spent money or miles and heading somewhere for a day and have to be there by a certain time to be told since some fellow religious passengers didnt listen You too will pay the price. Had you been a religious Jew on that flight and was banned why do I have the feeling you wouldnt have taken it lying down either, not saying you would have yelled Nazi etc but you wouldnt have said OK I understand youre right