FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Urgent Help Needed: Friends stuck in MBJ; flight cancelled; suggestions?
Old May 21, 2022, 3:44 am
Anica Weeks

Exclamation Urgent Help Needed: Friends stuck in MBJ; flight cancelled; suggestions?

Our friends are in Montego Bay.
Delta cancelled their flight for TODAY at 3:00 PM local time due to operational issues.
No flight out to ATL nor RDU (RDU is the final destination) until Monday.

We couldn't get anyone on the phone last night for help. We were told to call at 0800 AM EDT - might have even meant CDT. (It is 0545:now, and I'm trying to know my realistic options before we call.)

Flight was originally booked through Beaches resort. Are we limited to getting help through Beaches?
We have the confirmation numbers from Beaches and from Delta for the original flight, but when we searched for the Flight Change info on Delta's site, we see no flights available until Monday.

Is it realistic to expect Delta to help with transfer to another airline to leave MBJ?
Party of 3 ... so that limits us as well -- as we found other airlines with too few seats available.

Family is not vaccinated, so I don't know that CanadaAir is an option.at all. They know they have to be tested to return to the US. (Please no commentary on their vaccination status. I can't control the decisions of others, and it's too late to do anything about that anyway.)

Any suggestions as to where to start on this?