FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Having Separate GE and Nexus Programs is a Bad Idea
Old May 20, 2022, 8:55 pm
sunpass

Programs: Southwest
Originally Posted by DualityOfNam
I was referring to the existence of the two programs, not having memberships in both. GE and Nexus serve virtually the same purpose, have similar application processes, almost the same benefits, and even the cards are identical.

What the pandemic exposed is the futility of having these dual-country interviews only at land crossing border locations.
The pandemic and the reaction to it (in terms of long term closures of services such as interviews) are exceptional circumstances that could not have been foreseen when Trusted Traveler Programs were set up years ago.

I'm surprised that CBSA and CBP have not mutually agreed to allow for Nexus card renewals via Zoom teleconference. Both countries need to have a representative of their border agency present for interviews.

There are a few facilities out which have available spots for renewal interviews. Detroit has availability, so do some of the more remote locations such as Pembina, ND, Warroad, MN, International Falls, MN, Sault Saint Marie, MI and Calais, ME.