FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shocking Anti Semitic incident
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2022, 1:45 am
Flying Lawyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by craz
Man are you ever asking for a bunch of miracles!! please dont hold your breath, waiting for any of it to happen. If you want to see hateful personal attacks , just join that site and post why Chabad isnt in the apple of your eye. their hands will be coming out of your monitor to grab your neck,Im sorry to say.
Thank you very much, this is the impression I unfortunately had to gain.

Just to understand better: Is my understanding correct that the chassidim believe to be superior to other Jewish groups, so to say, "the chasidim are the chosen group within the people selected by God"? At least one poster raised the further allegation that they are even a "race".

From what I read further, the chasidim discriminate against woman and LGBT. This goes as far, as it is reported, that they refuse to sit next to a woman on a plane. I read further that they promote that boys and girls may not be educated together. It appears to be public domain that most chasidim refuse to serve in the Israeli or any other army, promote marriages arranged by the parents or the community (to avoid the term "forced marriage") and marry within their even smaller subgroup. I read further, and this is very much in line with the impression one gains here, that the chassidim have a tendency to qualify criticism as "anti-semitic". They are, and this is widely reported, to a certain extend opposed to the state and the government of Israel.

They are, however, a small religious minority in the Jewish world (I read 5%), however strong in the US and pretend to speak for the entire Jewish world and the secular Jewish people, too. I am aware this is all OT but it helps to put these posts in the right context. Thank you.