FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shocking Anti Semitic incident
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2022, 1:50 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by athome
To be very clear. An eventual Mask mandate in an airport is based on local state laws (Hesse for FRA). An mask mandate in an aircraft is based on Federal German law ( inside an aircraft). They may differ. So it is possible that in departure airport there is no mask mandate, whereas there is one in the aircraft and in the arrival airport.
The EU provides guidance in this respect, but it is not binding for the Federal government nor the state governments.
I understood that more or less. Or as I posted on my last JetBlue flight MIA-JFK 2 weeks ago the only time a mask had to be worn was in JFK, not on the flight or @ MIA, and it wasnt only the Term @ JFK it included the AirTrain as well. which brings up tons of confusion for people who thought it wasnt a must any where any longer. Now if JetBlue wanted to I believe they can say everyone must be masked up on the flight even thou The FAA or CDC or whomever is in charge doesnt mandate that, Result would be dont fly JetBlue or whomever if you dont want to mask up and their policy is you have to.

thats what I was trying to say with LH , although you didnt have to mask up @ FRA and had to @ JFK LH held by masking up, to me its not important if it was due to German Fed Law or Hesse mandate or if it was just what LH wanted. since LH had it in place its the end of discussion, dont want to mask up no problem dont fly LH