FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Throwback Thursday
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2022, 10:29 pm
arf04

Originally Posted by juddstreet
I was trying to fill in a memory with my aging father. Back in 2002, we took a trip to Victoria from Toronto, departing on May 21st (YYZ-YVR) and returning on May 26th (YYJ-YYC-YQR-YYZ). I was too young to remember much in the way of details, though I do recall that on the way out we were bumped up to 'executive' (middle seats on a widebody, I recall, for the YYZ-YVR, as I was too young to sit in the emergency exit row we had been assigned... and would have been flying early enough in the day to catch the ferry from Vancouver to Victoria), and on the return we took a milk run (I think it was the same plane YYJ-YYC-YQR, maybe tail-mounted jets, then change for YYZ, if memory serves).

Any chance someone happens to have the old 2002 timetable around and might be able to help fill in a few details? Thanks a million!
Canadian Regional was folded into the new Air Canada Regional in 2001 and used to fly Fokker F28s with tail mounted engines into YQR so maybe it was one of those. I do not remember seeing any DC-9s on the YYC-YQR route in those years, but of course that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. I really liked the F28, but they were incredibly noisy.