FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back (B2B) / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
Old May 18, 2022, 12:02 pm
bisonrav

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by barrister_haus
Thanks for the update. I've never been so cannot comment, but any idea why sometimes people report they deplane into the departures hall, and on other occasions (like your experience) they deplane landslide? Landside makes me a bit nervous, although I'm confident I'll have my BP back to LHR and then onto JFK.

Assuming landslide meant security again and passport control twice? I worry about a long queue...
My bad, I meant to say "airside"! Definitely you come into the departures area, a little round the corner from the C1 seating area.

Just to add some SOF info, I stayed at the IBIS on the outbound last week, coming in on Wizz and arriving around 3am. This was a bus gate and by using usual techniques of getting onto the first bus in the line, positioning by the door, and developing sharp shoulders and acceleration, I was through very quickly indeed. I don't think it would be that hard to get back round through security in time had for some reason this happened on BA, it was very efficient. No fast track though. Also worth noting is that although the Ibis at the hotel is some way away, at T1 rather than T2, they'll send a car for you even at 3am when the inter terminal bus isn't running, you just have to call them.

Last edited by bisonrav; May 18, 2022 at 12:07 pm