FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shocking Anti Semitic incident
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2022, 7:47 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by friedablass
So was it collective punishment based on being dressed the same or not? Many seem to believe that yes, so please tell me how you can mix up a person dressed like a Hassid with one that dresses modern orthodox (where even their kippah is different) or a Jewish woman?

Sorry, but I got lost with your other posts and we seem to be going in circles on some of the things.

Let's drop the anti-semitism accusation, but I'd like to ask if I may, was it discriminatory behavior or not? If this happened to another racial or religious group would it be considered discriminating against them? Keep in mind that not only people dressed in Hasidic garb were banned before answering me. I don't buy that if this would happen to blacks there wouldn't be an outcry claiming they were discriminated against.
i couldnt care 1 bit how it may have played out if instead of religious Jews they were black,green,purple etc etc You can buy and not buy whatever you want, till theres such a case youre simply guessing on an outcome for something that hasnt happened. What was wrong was assuming since a bunch of people appeared to be together to punish all that did look a certain way, period! Since it appears there wasnt a non-religious Jewish person on the JFK flight also heading to BUD we will never know if they would been allowed on or not. BUT we do know a male religious Jew who had a cap on and a black shirt that didnt appear to be a member of the religious group was allowed on and not asked if he was Jewish so if AS was the reason the so called group wasnt allowed to fly why was he or why wasnt each passenger allowed to fly asked "are you Jewish"? and if they said no they were allowed to board and who knows what would have been if they said they were, the Point is they werent asked why not, maybe just maybe they werent looking to ban "Jews" but were looking to ban the group of religious Jews which are 2 different things. I dont get why you dont get that. Nor do we know what would have been say if a religious Jew flew in from say LA would they have been allowed him to board since they werent on the JFK flight or would he have been told since there were problems with the religious Jewish passenger who flew in from JFK and arent being allowed to travel onward sorry but you too cant travel onwards

So we have to deal with the knowns, which it seems is that several religious Jewish passengers did not obey the cabin crews instructions when spoken to on the JFK flight, as a result someone @ LH decided that these folks cant be trusted to listen to the next flights crew and will be banned from flying for 24 hrs so that they will know they have to listen to the crew when spoken to. The common thing those banned had was being on the JFK flight and looking as a religious Jew outwardly. The LH person not being able to ID which were the passengers who didnt listen applied the ban to anyone that supposingly was flying together in that 1 group (which they werent) Lastly the CEO said that ban under the conditions it was done Never should have been done, simply to punish everyone due to not knowing the culprits and assuming they were all actually traveling togethe,r what am I missing?

Now had they asked each passenger for the BUD flight are you Jewish , then I would agree 1000% with you and Dan. Was that asked of each passenger? if not why not? could it be that they werent banning a person simply due to being a Jew

As Friday said on Dragnet, Mam the facts Mam just tell me the facts.

Last edited by craz; May 17, 2022 at 7:58 pm