FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should BA learn about customer experience from AA?
Old May 17, 2022, 3:36 pm
steveholt

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
I have had wonderful experiences with AA customer support and truly baffling interactions. I've had lovely interactions (with no status) with BA customer support and utterly useless interactions. I suspect that is true for many of us who have to interact with multiple airlines on a regular basis. With regards to the OP's post, I can think of a recent terrible overbooking experience I had on AA and an experience where as a EP in first class I asked for one of those precious sodas and was given a full roll of the eyes because the flight was only an hour long. I don't think those are necessarily representative of AA's experience.

OP isn't complaining here, of course, but just about every well-trafficked FT forum has people complaining about how things used to be better on XX airline and how they're going to switch to YY airline because they had a positive experience. I think trying to focus on the positives, recognizing the negatives from broader experiences, and planning accordingly is always going to be the smartest move, regardless of airline.