FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines
Old May 17, 2022, 12:21 pm
RealHJ

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by TWA884
Standalone precheck is issued by the TSA, Global Entry is issued by the CBP, NEXUS is issued by the CBP in cooperation with the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).

KTNs issued by the TSA consist of a combination of nine letters and numbers and generally start with "TT."

The CBP/CBSA PASSID, which is often referred to as KTN, is a nine digits number which usually begins with 15, 98 or 99.
Thanks.

I was going to apply for pre-check, but thought in the end I'll just "downgrade" my Nexus to GE (will save me two days and nights time of having to fly in to Seattle, drive up to Blaine, stay overnight and fly back the next day). But, alas, it seems I can NOT apply for GE while the Nexus application is "conditional approval," even though it's well past 720 days and the Nexus/GE card is useless at this point (no more pre-check, GE machines tell me its expired, etc.). Is that right? Is there only path to move "up" from GE to Nexus, but no path to move "down" from Nexus to GE?

When I click on apply for GE, it just takes me back to the "Dashboard" that shows the conditional approval for my Nexus renewal from 2.5 years ago. There is no way to apply for/"add" GE (only FAST), it appears.

Edit: I tried to call CPB to ask, but now it's truly impossible to get through to someone. Sending a message online got a response a month later telling me basically "if you can do it online you can do it, if you can't you can't," which wasn't very helpful and didn't answer it (but seems to imply that you can't move down from Nexus to GE, as online does not allow that).

Last edited by RealHJ; May 17, 2022 at 12:29 pm