FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines
Old May 16, 2022, 9:37 pm
TropicalTripper

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, National Exec, Hertz PC, Nexus
Originally Posted by jix
Just completed renewal after March 2020 submission, precheck expired 2 months ago but managed to get the interview done before deadline.

Interestingly, no CBSA in the nexus office (also mentioned by others in other thread), I only realized that after walking out and thinking back there was only one US CBP officer I spoke to. If CBSA isn't needed for renewal they really should just open up the nexus appointment to all GE centers instead of border ones only.
Practically, you have a point, but think what would happen if CBP opened up Nexus interviews at all locations where CBP processes GE. Nexus is $50 and comes with more benefits and GE is $100. It would cannibalize GE applications and lead to a revenue decline. Consider also that CBP must somehow split Nexus fees with CBSA. My guess is that the absence of CBSA officers is temporary, but time will tell.

Originally Posted by RealHJ
AFAIK you can't have both. That'll cancel the "conditional approval" Nexus.
Also, I rather like my Nexus ID number, as I've had it since the very beginning of Nexus, before there was even GE (I think). Not sure if GE would give me a different ID number. Would be a pain to change it on all the FF profiles &c.
When I moved from GE to Nexus, my KTN stayed the same. Not sure about the reverse.