FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA's Boarding Process with WILMA now - Inconsistent process / PreBoarding issues
Old May 16, 2022, 10:51 am
worldflyer2011

Programs: AA PLT, Admirals Club, United Club, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum, Langham Gateway, Avis PC
Newbie - United Boarding/Overall Travel Tips

Hello All - Im new here so please forgive me if this is in the incorrect location!

Im a longtime elite on AA (EXP and now PLT thanks to pandemic travel restrictions) but am considering making the switch to UA as being a Chicago native their routes are growing quickly and their pricing has been more competitive compared to AA at least for time time being. My question is as a non elite with just the Chase United Club Infinite card ... how is the experience with check in, boarding, etc.

While domestically I do try to purchase first as sadly IMO gone are the days of any meaningful upgrades on AA, I am looking to plan a trip to LHR and would most likely book into Premium Plus on UA. Is the Group 2 boarding for Club cardholders anything decent/do they separate Club Infinite card holders from Explorer card holders or is Group 2 essentially just main cabin boarding at that point.

Dont mean to sound pretentious just trying to understand the UA system after years of only AA.

Any advise is much appreciated!