FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition
Old May 16, 2022, 5:26 am
rum

Programs: Amex MR, A3, BAEC
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Is there actually any space in Club? (The quickest way of checking that is to see whether you can book a new ticket on that flight.) If Club has zero inventory, then you will not be able to upgrade. If there is inventory, then a fare rules upgrade ought to be possible, but you may have to call to do this if the website isn't allowing it online (which could be because you have already upgraded the outbound flight).
Good point. I checked using 'business' in the search option and that flight didn't come up. Could it be that they've upgraded some Gold/Silver/etc passengers from economy? When I looked at the seat plan for economy, the flight was practically empty.

Originally Posted by Globaliser
If you knew that you needed Club in both directions, wouldn't it have been easier just to buy Club in both directions to begin with?
Actually I am flying for work and could only opt for economy. I am forking out for business out of my own pocket.