FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Suite Night Awards - SNA - questions and discussion thread
Old May 15, 2022, 8:05 pm
Zacnlinc

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by Seat 1F
Bonvoy needs to do a better job of setting and enforcing the rules on how properties should be managing SNA requests. Too many brands or individual property's opt out. Many of the rooms made available for the upgrade are not even "suites". Afterall, the perk is called a "suite night award" not a "larger standard room award" or a "corner room award". Another problem I've had just recently is no option to make an SNA request when certain rates are used (all booked on the Bonvoy website). This happened to me this week when trying to book stays at the W South Beach and the JW Marriott Downtown Houston. The reason given on the website was something along the lines of 'You cannot request SNA on your stay due to either no suites available or the property not participating in the SNA program'. Both incorrect as far as I know. On the JW stay, I cancelled the reservation and booked at a higher rate and, shazam, I was able to put in an SNA request...btw it has already cleared. Are certain rate categories now not eligible for SNA upgrades? Is this a new thing? Again, I always book via the Bonvoy website.

I completely agree with you about the fact that SNA requests need to be monitored. I've been trying to use a few since summer 2021 and I'm just resolved to let them expire at the end of this year. The last two stays my SNA's were returned post my stay with the "unfortunately we were not able to apply your request for an upgrade..." Yea, I know!! My 2022 stays... W PHL and Residence Inn Chelsey (NYC) both upgraded me to a high floor corner room... Much appreciated... But it was a day or two later after checking out. 2021 I tried multiply times and no upgrades to a suite were confirmed.

Marriott really needs to survey those SNAs that expire to see if attempts were used to redeem them and "track and trend" the results.