FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2022, 3:50 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Paella747
I just realized I never asked in my earlier post (my apologies if it's been answered somewhere).
If I am on an American Airlines business award ticket (on Qatar) with the long layover in DOH, will the possibility to 'buy up' to the Al Safwa First Lounge still be a possibility? Or is it off the table due to it being an award ticket?

Also, does QR ever block the second QSuites cabin on the 777 on empty flights? From Frankfurt to DOH the seat map (on Expertflyer) is showing only rows 1-6. Then Y cabin shows starting at row 16. I was able to choose my qsuite seat awhile ago, but now everything is blocked in the forward C cabin (thus I can no longer change seats for a flight next month), and the rear Qsuite cabin is no longer showing at all. Hope it's not a flight pre-cancel thing....
You could try to buy up to the Al Safwa First Lounge, but since it's an AA ticket, you would not be able to do it online. There were success and failure reports here in FT thus YMMV but it might be worth to stop by the Al Safwa lounge entrance and ask the agents over there.

QR has another high density Y 777 configuration with 6 rows of the Business Class cabin, so I assume that you had an aircraft configuration change. Otherwise, there is no reason for QR to block the rear Qsuite cabin.