FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Q Suite Master Thread
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2022, 8:04 pm
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by bioyuki
I have a reservation hold for SFO-DOH-MLE for February 2023. I really want to try the Qsuites product, but reading all these equipment swap stories + A35K grounding stories makes me nervous. What percentage of QR's fleet is Qsuite equipped? It it just the 12 77Ws that are Qsuite-less at this point? Does QR prioritize the A35K for longer routes like DOH-West Coast US?

SFO-DOH-SFO legs are showing Qsuite on the seat map and being operated by an A35K. DOH-MLE legs are 77W showing the old 2-2-2 which is fine given the short duration of that flight.
In my experience, QR does seem to use mostly Qsuite planes for U.S. West Coast. Also, if you ticket on QR rather than another airline, QR will let you change your trip one time for free if it switches from Qsuite to non-Qsuite, so if need be, you could switch from, say SFO to LAX (can take a 90-minute AS flight to connect). February 2023 is a long way off, I would expect the groundings to be resolved by then. When you do book something, I'd suggest setting EF alerts for equipment changes and schedule changes (and re-arming them if they fire).