FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - In customer service hell for a closed Amex Corporate card
Old May 12, 2022, 12:31 pm
mikeef
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by diesteldorf
Honest question......Obviously being involuntarily terminated is no fun....assuming this gets resolved, would you ever consider going back?
Of course, you don't need to answer, but this whole situation has probably brought up many emotions. Thanks for sharing.
I still laugh when I think of your wife scolding you for not taking the cashews....
Yeah, my wife's a peach.

As to the first question, yes, I'd go back regardless of the resolution. I don't really blame them for the credit card issue. But as humiliating as it is having someone in the office watching over you as you empty your desk (My whole team got shot, so they played zone defense against us.), it's not uncommon in the mutual fund world, which is where I lived. Nothing personal, a "leave the gun, take the cannoli" type of situation.

I've been laid off twice in my career and it's never fun. Your comment about bringing up many emotions is spot-on, but ultimately, a job is a job, and an employer is an employer. It's not who I am. That doesn't stop me from feeling like crap when getting laid off, but the logical side of me knows that it's true (especially with 3 years of hindsight).

Mike