FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Global Upgrades on Delta (GUCs) post 2/1/2022 Changes
Old May 12, 2022, 11:15 am
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DL Platinum
Fellow FTers, I am having trouble with Delta using the Global Upgrade certificate (GUC). Now, all international legs cleared immediately on purchase of C+ or PS. My challenge is that when I first looked into it (planning stages) I was told from Delta that both legs: CVG-JFK, and JFK-PRG were available. I booked the next day and was told that I would have to waitlist for the CVG-JFK leg. There are 5 seats still for sale in F and when I price it as a separate leg, it shows first available using a GUC. Yet, calls to Delta says no. I thought the changes to the GUC were to allow it to book in Domestic at time of booking if there were still seats available for purchase. The website says so as shown below. 3 calls to Delta says the website is wrong and they will only clear into "OY" if available. This is NOT what the website says. How do I get this fixed / upgraded?

From the Delta website regarding GUC's: "
  • Global Upgrade Certificates will now have access to all Domestic First Class and Delta Premium Select seats upon request. This means any Domestic First Class and Delta Premium Select seats not yet sold will be available to be cleared immediately upon request. "
Call back. OY hasn't been required since Feb. J1 is all that is required for a GUC.