FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I love Alaska Airlines, but I'm flying United (shudder) next week
Old May 11, 2022, 9:54 am
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I neither see the point of flaming someone buying a fairly commoditized product that is essentially a service where “get me from point a to point b at the times I want” is the end goal, nor do I think there’s a ton of reasons to accept risk just so you maybe get more miles.

But I’m the sort of person who’s perfectly happy on WN, which gets far more flame and mockery about “kettles” than UA does.

Fly whoever you want. Be loyal to your wallet and schedule.
I'd consider myself "ok enough," but not "perfectly happy" on WN. We'd (mostly) like our favo(u)rite airline to serve most, if not all, of our travel needs. But what is our favo(u)rite airline is also subject to change. Mine (for US carriers) has gone from Air Cal to United and Alaska, to Alaska mostly, to fairly agnostic with a slight nod to Alaska.

Back to the OP's general point, how long do you love someone that keeps standing you up, or canceling at the last minute? Or that you need to get in touch with, but have to wait four hours to find out what is wrong? How many "I'm sorries" or boxes of chocolates or bouquets of roses can make up for the tsuris? Certainly the one you love has no right to get upset when you start sampling others. But more importantly, you shouldn't get upset ... or feel like you're cheating.

Sometimes the grass is greener elsewhere, sometimes the grass is dead elsewhere, but mostly, everywhere the grass just isn't making a very nice lawn right now.