FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I love Alaska Airlines, but I'm flying United (shudder) next week
Old May 11, 2022, 8:56 am
thatmikereed

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by goldengate
I woke up this morning expecting some flames from AS loyalists... and not one so far! just cancelled the AS flight and will fly the friendly skies of United.
The airlines have made it clear they don't value "loyalty" from folks that don't fly much. It sounds like you found a better product offering at a better price point - not many here will argue with that.

I travel for work, but even then I have some flexibility in choice of carrier (within certain bounds of the lowest price, using preferred airlines, etc.). For the first time in probably 10 years I'll be flying Delta this year - three times - out of AA and UA hubs - because they're cheaper, their product is at least on par with the other majors, and because they offered a stupid good status match to Amex holders (that figures in because otherwise I'd be paying for C+ on DL vs. getting it on AA/AS based on my OW status). I likely won't fly them again after my status expires, though (was only good for six months or so as a promo).

You gotta do what you gotta do.