FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help Please. SAA claims they cannot accept USA Credit Cards
Old May 10, 2022, 11:21 am
jab23

Help Please. SAA claims they cannot accept USA Credit Cards

Hi All....My wife and I are booking an Africa trip in October. I've been trying to book SAA rountrip from JNB to Mauritus and am at a loss. Keep getting credit card transaction errors. Have spent hours on the phone with SAA, Citibank, and PayU (the online payment processor. My bank made sure the 3D security was removed, but none of the transactions are even getting to them (so no fraud alerts). Multiple SAA reps are telling me now that they are unable to accept American (USA, not airline) credit cards. One went so far as to suggest I have someone in Africa (because I know so many people there) pay for me and reimburse them.

Anyway, this is happening with AirLink as well as I cannot book flight to Krueger. Keep getting credit card error. Tried multiple cards, name conventions, clearing cache, incognito....NOTHING is working. I have no other airline options.

My main card is a World Mastercard AA Advantage card which says I should have no limitations on their end.

Any thoughts? Thanks!