FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott says all U.S. hotels to have high speed internet by end of year
Old Nov 23, 2004, 4:30 pm
RobotDoctor
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by steve100
It is so strange that for lower priced hotel rooms at (Courtyard, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn, TownePlace Suites and SpringHill Suites hotels) the wireless is free. For higher priced Renaissance and Marriott hotels, not only do the rooms cost more, but the internet access is charged.

I guess it is like flying JetBlue.... It is a 'cheaper' airline, yet you get 36 channels of free in-flight television, leather on every seat, no saturday night stay required, only $25 change fee, etc., etc....
I think the decision for the upscale properties to charge for high speed is ridiculous. The rates they charge, the high speed should be part of the stay. At the very least, include the charge as part of the hotel rate. I appreciate the Platinum gift and access to the Concierge level when I stay at the upscale properties but I hate to spend the daily rate for high speed. For what that is worth, I will stay at the mid-level and lower end properties.