FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complimentary Upgrades on American (AA)
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2022, 5:05 pm
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RaingerRain
I completely agree with you, I flew a few AS code chairs and at the airport got on the upgrade list the problem is people can already be upgraded by then, and my window is 72 hours and would like to make the most out of it. Here’s the thing, I was worried and wrote these messages because I pulled up my flights on AA app and it did not show me an upgrade list. I just looked a few minutes ago and it did it. Hallelujah! Again, I don’t know where but I’m sure I read some thing about it that Alaska fixed these issues, I definitely complained a good few times about this. I just could not find any article or something on it even though I was pretty sure that I did read that. Seems like I was right because again it now shows me on the upgrade list even though I purchased it as a codeshare.
Good to hear! My codeshare flights are usually a relatively short flight to an AS market. I have flown MIA-ORD-BOI-LAX & MIA-DFW-SEA-PHX both times first flight on AA. I wasn't too concerned about the upgrades on AA, MSC at booking & 100% EQM meant I earned 3308 & 3888 EQM respectively on $133 fares & upgraded on a the AS segments.

Of course when AS commences SEA-MIA, I am sure a few of those will go away. There are often good codeshare fares on AS, all AA metal, itineraries between SAN & MIA. Access to upgrades is icing on the cake.

James