FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complex Multi-City Points Bookings, Stopovers & Adding Segments (Aeroplan 2.0)
Old May 8, 2022, 9:49 am
yyzgigi

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by RenTraveller
There is no overlap between the two itineraries. They are booked on separate PNRs and the dates don't overlap. The AUH-ICN-KIX departs AUH 3 days after i land in AUH from the LHR-AUH-MCT itinerary. The only "overlap" is that they were both booked on points with aeroplan and include flights with Etihad airways. Is the term hidden city ticketing still applicable in this case when its 100% award flights? Would it be more appropriate to just call this a married segment issue? Regardless, you agree that my only option would be to just ditch the AUH-MCT leg? Ive never not flown a segment and this will most likely be a one off. I will do it if there is absolutely no way around this issue. Thanks for your input, appreciate it!
Very unlikely to have any negative consequences. Just don’t have any checked luggage and make sure you meet the COVID and immigration requirements for both destinations. I wouldn’t draw more attention to yourself by using the lounge on arrival in AUH, but you probably won’t have issues even if you do. Trying to short check bags would be more of a red flag before you start the trip.

I know it is not a lot of time, but MCT is very much worth a visit if you want to stick to the routing. Way more authentic than AUH.